Year 3 Project – Week 15

Last night, the first prototype was presented at the Auckland Game Developers Meetup.

WP_20170607_19_47_47_ProWP_20170607_19_47_51_Pro

This test highlighted some issues with the game. However, none of those were issues with the concept, as they were related to content and mechanics.

The main feedback I received was that I needed to add some features in regards to locating the fossils in the world space, as they tended to blend in. I also received feedback that suggested that I add more fossils to find, and that I make the area where the player can dig for fossils more obvious. Other than those, the reception was positive.

From these, the most relevant are the first two. Making the fossils easier to find will be my first change, and this will be detailed in a future post once I have decided how to accomplish that. And more content will be added once the core features are working and bug-free.

As for making it easier to spot the dig-able areas – they are already a different shade than the environment surrounding them, and they are flat areas in an otherwise undulating terrain. So at the moment, no changes are to be made there.

EDIT: Due to network problems, inserted content links were not working as intended. New, updated links are available in a new post, and nonfuctional ones have been removed.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s